As some of you will know, the Government has required that practices extend their opening hours. This is to be done by either opening earlier or later during the working week or opening on Saturday morning.
Practice have not been allowed to choose their days to open - this has been dependent on the results of patient surveys carried out by the Government. Our results showed that a very few patients would like to come in on Saturday mornings.
From Saturday 26th July we will open on the last Saturday of the month, excluding Bank Holiday weekends, from 08:00 to 12:30.
Please note there will be restrictions on this service:
- These appointments will only be available to patients who are unable to attend during normal opening hours. The appointments must be pre booked. This can be done in advance by contacting the surgery during normal weekday opening hours, ie Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:30.
- There will be no emergency cover. Patients requiring emergency treatment will still have to phone Devon Doctors on Call or if applicable NHS Direct.
- There will be no reception staff so no telephone calls to the practice will be taken during this extra time.
- Patients will be required to wait in the conservatory and will be let in one at a time by the duty doctor.
- There will be no nurse appointments or blood test appointments. The hospital courier service will not be available so any pathology tests done will not be sent until Monday morning.
- There will be no chaperones so if you think you will require one during an examination, please make your appointment during normal hours.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions will not be taken and repeat prescriptions and test results will not be given out.